Orchard Fostering collects personal information on individuals who express an interest in becoming foster carers, as we are committed to ensuring your privacy we have explained how we manage your information in this statement. If you have any queries about the information in this statement please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or and we would be happy to answer your query.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use necessary “cookies” to collect information only for the purposes of better site performance for you and to aggregate anonymised web traffic for performance analysis, in order that we may improve the site features, content and general user experience, in the future.
We use non-necessary cookies to remember which pages you’ve viewed (including which adverts you’ve been shown) on our website, and to show you adverts that we think might be of interest to you, based on your browsing history. We also use these cookies to limit the number of times you’re shown a particular advert.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website services correctly.
What we Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and job title
- Contact Information including your email address
- Demographic information including your post code
- Personal Information including hobbies and interests
- Other information that is relevant to your interest in fostering
How we will Use your Personal Information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To register your enquiry
- To arrange a response to you
- To manage our relationship with you including entering into a contract with you
- To administer our website
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason. Our use of your information will always be in accordance with laws and regulation relating to data protection, if we use your information for a purposes other than those stated above we will notify you of this and explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
Disclosures of your Personal Information
We may be required to share your information with third parties who are listed below
- Service providers who support our IT and administrative systems including our website
- Partnering organisations which assist us to improve our services this include data analysis and review
- Those who require us to provide information to comply with the law this includes regulators, government bodies and An Garda Siochana
We require all third party providers to respect the security of your information and to comply with the law in doing so.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your information as follows
- For as long as is reasonable for us to process our application to become a foster carer and to manage our relationship with you
- For as long as we require to defend a legal claim against us
Our retention timeframes will always be in line with the law and regulatory requirements. If we vary our retention period from the above for your information we will notify you of same in writing.
Security of Your Personal Information
We have developed a range of policies and procedure to protect your information , this includes limiting access to your personal information to those who need to know it to assist with your application.
We have also put procedures in place to deal with any suspected breach of our policies and will notify you and the regulator of such a breach in accordance with the law
Your rights concerning your Personal Information
In line with the law you have rights in relation to how your personal information is used. If there are circumstance where the laws do not apply at the time you wish to exercise any of these rights we will inform you in writing. Your rights are as follows:
- To be informed about the processing of your personal information
- To have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- To object to the processing of your personal information
- To have your personal information erased
- To request access to your personal information
- To request the transfer of your personal information to another party
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01 6275713
Download our brochure
Our brochure is available here for download, where you can learn more about Orchard Fostering
Subscribe for updates
Subscribe to our newsletter and keep up to date with our latest news and events